Mind ~ Body ~ Wellness
Implemented in January 1995 by the MPA Board of Directors, this program offers the employees of our Members with information and hands-on instruction towards leading healthier lives. The program is directed by Linda Cox who can be contacted at (415) 515-6017 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The goal is to provide high quality on-site programs to improve employees’ health and sense of well-being, while limiting the high cost of healthcare.
The Wellness Program was enhanced in Fiscal Year 2018-19 to include the addition of several services.
- Wellness Fair: The annual wellness fairs include Non-Fasting Total Cholesterol/HDL/Glucose Screenings, Blood Pressure Screenings, Osteoporosis Screenings, Fitness Testing, Body Composition Testing, Stretch Testing, Chair Massages.
- CPR, First Aid & AED Training: MPA provides member cities with a CPR, First Aid & AED training class annually.
- Spring Walk-n-Lunch: The Spring Walk-n-Lunch is open to all employees who want to join their co-workers on a selected date for a noon-time walk. After the walk, MPA provides lunch to all who participate.
- Chair Massage Day (summer and fall): MPA provides two chair massage days each year for the member cities' employees. MPA hosts a three hour session on chair massage days .
- Fitness Day (summer and fall): MPA provides member cities with two fitness days each year. MPA hosts a 50 minute fitness class for the member cities’ employees to learn new exercise techniques that encourage Mind-Body-Wellness.
In lieu of in-person Fitness Day, MPA hosts live virtual 1-hour fitness classes Mondays and Wednesdays at 6:00pm. Pre-recorded 30-minute classes are available for viewing at your convenience
- Live Cooking Class: MPA hosts a live 1-hour virtual cooking class for employees to learn about preparing healthy dishes at 6:00pm on the last Thursday of the month.
- Click here to join live classes and find links to various recorded videos, playlists and more!