This program was implemented in January 1995 by the MPA Board of Directors. Through this program, MPA offers information and hands-on instruction towards leading healthier lives to the employees of our Members. The program is directed by Linda Cox who can be contacted at (925) 433-5786 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The goal is to provide high-quality on-site programs to improve employees’ health and sense of well-being, while limiting the high cost of healthcare.
The Wellness Program was enhanced in Fiscal Year 2018-19 to include the addition of several
- Wellness Fair: The annual wellness fairs include Non-Fasting Total Cholesterol/HDL/Glucose Screenings, Blood Pressure Screenings, Osteoporosis Screenings, Fitness Testing, Body Composition Testing, Stretch Testing, and Chair Massages.
- CPR, First Aid & AED Training: MPA annually provides member cities with a CPR, First Aid & AED training class.
- Spring Walk-n-Lunch: The Spring Walk-n-Lunch is open to all employees who want to join their co-workers on a selected date for a noon-time walk. After the walk, MPA provides lunch to all who participate.
- Chair Massage Day (spring and fall): MPA provides two chair massage days each year for the member cities' employees. MPA hosts a three-hour session of chair massage days.
- Fitness Classes: MPA provides member cities with fitness days every year. Fitness classes are a great way for employees to learn new exercise techniques that encourage Mind-Body-Wellness.
The Wellness Program was enhanced in Fiscal Year 2023-24 to include the addition of the following services:
- Fall Walk-n-Lunch: The Fall Walk-n-Lunch is open to all employees who want to join their co-workers on a selected date for a walk. After the walk, MPA provides lunch to all who participate.
- Spring/Fall Walking Challenge: The Walking Challenge allows employees to earn points for their team by walking for a month. This encourages team building and healthy movements. All employees can participate.
- Mindful Meditation: MPA Provides an hour block of time for meditation sessions. Currently, there will be a three 15-minute sessions within the hour. In the future, the length of sessions will be adjusted based on Members' needs.
- Wellness Seminars: Members of the Wellness Program indicated an interest in access to in-person wellness seminars. MPA has partnered with John Muir and Kaiser to provide 30-minute to 1-hour sessions.
FACT: Employees who lead healthy lifestyles, use less sick time and are generally happier, and more productive employees.