Mind ~ Body ~ Wellness
Implemented in January 1995 by the MPA Board of Directors, this program offers Member Citys' employees information and hands-on instruction towards leading healthier lives. The program is directed by Victoria Thomas who can be contacted at (925) 943-1100 firstname.lastname@example.org. The goal is to provide high quality on-site programs to improve employees’ health and sense of well-being, while limiting the high cost of healthcare.
The Wellness Program was enhanced in Fiscal Year 2018-19 to include the addition of several services. The services provided through the Wellness Program are:
- Wellness Fair: the annual wellness fairs include Non-Fasting Total Cholesterol/HDL/Glucose Screenings, Blood Pressure Screenings, Osteoporosis Screenings, Fitness Testing, Body Composition Testing, Stretch Testing, Chair Massages.
- CPR, First Aid & AED Training: MPA provides Member Cities with a CPR, First Aid & AED training class annually.
- Spring Walk-n-Lunch: The Spring Walk-n-Lunch is open to all employees who want to join their co-workers on a selected date for a noon-time walk. After the walk, MPA provides lunch to all who participate.
- Chair Massage Day (summer and fall): MPA provides Member cities with two chair massage days each year. MPA hosts a three hour chair massage session for the Member cities’ employees.
- Fitness Day (summer and fall): MPA provides Member cities with two fitness days each year. MPA hosts a 50 minute fitness class for the Member cities’ employees to learn new exercise techniques that encourage Mind-Body-Wellness.
Virtual Class Schedule:
Fitness Classes are held on Tuesdays 9am, 12pm & 3pm, and Thursdays 9am & 3pm
Cooking Classes are held on Thursdays at 11am
View upcoming class details by clicking on the date below:
Tue Sep. 22Virtual Fitness Class Virtual fitness class workouts include low impact cardio, dynamic movements, and stretching.