How do we resolve disputes?
You have the right to disagree with decisions affecting your claim. We encourage you to contact your employer or MPA to resolve the problem. If this doesn’t work, you may also try the following:
- Contact the Information and Assistance officer in your area. For a directory of offices, go to the DWC web site at You may also hear recorded information at 800-736-7401.
- You may consult with an attorney. If you decide to hire an attorney to represent you, the attorney’s fees will be taken out of your settlement.
- You may ask to have your case heard by the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
DWC website

Show All Answers

1. What is workers’ compensation?
2. What are the benefits?
3. What does MPA do?
4. How do we resolve disputes?
5. What are my responsibilities?