Where does an employee go for medical treatment?
In case of serious or life-threatening injury or illness, report to the nearest emergency room. In all other cases, employees are to go to the City’s designated occupational medical facility. Report the injury to Company Nurse. Company Nurse will direct you the nearest preferred provider.

If the employee has properly completed and submitted a pre-designated personal physician” to treat in the event of a work-related injury, the employee may go to that physician for initial treatment. A pre-designation form must be on file prior to the injury.

Show All Answers

1. Where does an employee go for medical treatment?
2. Who pays for the medical treatment? Are there deductibles or co-pays?
3. Do I need to fill out the claim form (DWC-1) my employer gave me?
4. How do I get my medication authorized?
5. If an employee misses work time to attend medical treatment appointments, does he/she get paid under workers’ compensation?
6. When can an employee return to work after an injury?
7. Do I get reimbursed for mileage to my medical appointments, and how much?
8. If my claim is delayed, how long does my employer/MPA have to make a decision?
9. What is the Information and Assistance (I&A) Officer, and how do I contact them?